The right equipment can help you stay focused, be more productive, and make work easier!
In the second video of our “Work From Home” video series on our YouTube channel, I show you the top 10 pieces of equipment that I use for working at home. These items are used at least a few times every week, or even daily, while I am working at home (temporarily), growing my business, and for many other things. I have provided a brief description of the item and how I use it below and there is also a link where you can find out more about the items.
My Top 10 Pieces of Equipment for Working at Home:
1. Ikea Skarsta Sit/Stand Desk – This is the focal point of my at home workspace. I love the fact that it has a large surface that is great for getting lots of work done. I am able to use the desk traditionally with a computer chair, or I can easily raise it up to convert it into a standing desk. This desk is great for taller people as well since I regularly use it at the maximum height and am 6’5″.
Learn more about the Ikea Skarsta Sit/Stand Desk here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/skarsta-desk-sit-stand-white-s59324818/
2. Apple iMac – The workhorse of my station is my Apple iMac. I converted to Apply products when I started my business because of the easy compatibility and sharing between Apple devices. Instead of spending time trying to post an article or edit a video on my phone, I can easily do it on my iMac and share it wherever I need.
Learn more about the Apple iMac here: https://amzn.to/3cM9lFB
3. Apple Airpods – I didn’t jumped on the Airpods bandwagon for a long time, but I am glad that I finally did! I initially bought these last year for a trip to North Carolina since they were small, lightweight, and rechargeable, so that made them great for travelling. When my trip was over, I found out how effective they are for a home office as well since you can easily block out background noise and use them to focus on your task. Another plus is that they are so small that they do not take up a lot of desk space at all!
Learn more about the Apple Airpods here: https://amzn.to/2Y0AEI4
4. JOBY GorillaPod + Phone Holder Below – This is an item that I didn’t realize how much I would use it and how effective it is! While I am working at my desk, I like to place my phone in this tripod because it allows me to keep working efficiently and still see important notifications, popups, and information on my screen. I also use it for Instagram livestreams, filming videos, and occasionally with my DSLR (which was the main reason I bought it haha)
5. Blue Light Blocking Glasses – In the most debated piece of equipment on this list are my blue light blocking glasses. I like to wear these while spending long amounts of time working on my computer at night when I do not have the option to take a break. I find that they relieve eye strain and headaches if I combine them with proper room and device lighting.
Learn more about the blue light blocking glasses here: https://amzn.to/3bus7Rv
6. Samson G-Track Pro: Up next is my second favorite piece of equipment on this list! One of the best upgrades someone can make while working at home, creating media, and many other forms of at-home work is upgrading your audio. The Samson Technologies G-Track Pro definitely has definitely increased the quality of my Zoom calls, videos, podcasts, and more, so I would recommend this microphone to anyone. It provides a wide range of features for different recording settings for voices and instruments. As far as I am concerned, you can’t beat this microphone at this price!
Learn more about the Samson G-Track Pro here: https://amzn.to/351y45T
7. Rubber Mat – A rubber mat keeps you feeling refreshed during those long hours you are putting in. The price and purpose might seem small, but the ROI is definitely not!
Learn more about the rubber mat here: https://amzn.to/2zu7yqp
8. Whiteboard – A whiteboard is a great way to organize your thoughts and increase your creativity. As a teacher, I have always loved planning with a whiteboard. There is something about the physical act of writing your thoughts out that takes my creativity to the next level. I have used an easel whiteboard for a few years now, but my next step is covering an entire wall in my office!
Learn more about the whiteboard here: https://amzn.to/2zu7yqp
9. Journal – It does not have to have an inspirational message on the front of it to inspire. It can be black, purple, green, who cares, but you do need something to write on and something to write with.
Learn more about the journal here: https://amzn.to/357zZWH
10. Powerstrip – You can never have too many outlets. Enough said.
Learn more about the Powerstrip here: https://amzn.to/2YcJGSv